Risk Communication & Leadership during Health Emergencies
High-level Meeting on Risk Communications for Public Health Emergencies:
“Risk Communication & Leadership during Health Emergencies”,
2017, 60 p.
The meeting was designed to tackle “political interface”, which made the meeting very unique. It intended to strengthen policymakers’ capacity to support Risk Communications in times of health emergencies, by recognising the complexity and the role of Emergency Risk Communication in a context of crisis management beyond the health sector. The report contains keynote speech, panel discussions and conclusions including the set of recommendations adopted by this High-level Meeting.
Conclusions (p. 44-45) :
1. Challenges of effective risk communication during health emergencies
2. Challenges for risk communicators and senior officials working together
3. examples of risk communication best practices
4. examples of effective risk communication coordination
5. Actions needed to prepare for future public health events regarding emergency risk communication